Vi lets you port your existing mobile number to its network using online and offline channels.
Vi (Vodafone Idea) is the third-largest operator in India with a nationwide presence. Vi offers cellular network services in 2G, 3G, and 4G VoLTE. The operator also provides value-added services including a weekend data rollover offer to let customers carry over their unused data to the weekend. Similarly, there’s a variety of prepaid and postpaid plans by Vi — aligning with those of Airtel and Reliance Jio. Like other telcos, Vi allows you to port your mobile number from your existing network to Vi using the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) facility. it’s available for both prepaid and postpaid mobile users.
- Vi offers a fanatical MNP webpage for straightforward porting
- The operator also provides porting through Vi Stores
- Vi offers 2G, 3G, and 4G VoLTE networks on a pan-India basis
Vi is allowing the MNP facility through both online and offline channels. just in case the web channel has opted, the operator also will provide doorstep delivery of the new SIM.
In this article, we are providing a step-by-step guide on the way to port your existing mobile number to Vi (Vodafone Idea) prepaid or postpaid service. It’s better to stay your address and identity proof handy before beginning with the method. it’s also important to notice that you simply will need to clear your dues before porting your postpaid number. just in case if you’re moving from a prepaid number, you ought to know that your existing balance won’t be carried forward and can be forfeited once the porting process is completed.
How to port your mobile number to Vi prepaid
Vi has provided a fanatical webpage on its site from where you’ll port your mobile number. you’ll undergo the subsequent steps to request for a replacement Vi prepaid SIM connection and switch your network. You’ll also see the way to port your mobile number to Vi postpaid within the next section.
- Visit the Vi MNP webpage.
- The page will open an easy form where you’ve got to enter your mobile number and PIN code.
- Scroll down a touch to pick from the available prepaid and postpaid plans.
- After you’ve got selected an idea, hit the entire order button. this may refresh the screen with additional details.
- You’ll then see a neighborhood posing for the address where you would like to urge your new SIM delivered.
- Click on the proceed to checkout button after filling in your address.
- Vi will now show you a replacement page with payment details. you’ll be asked to form a payment against your selected prepaid pack.
- Enter the small print, read them carefully, then click on the play button on the proper. this may take you to a payment gateway to finish the payment.
Once paid, you will get a confirmation screen and Vi will initiate the delivery of your SIM connection. A Vi executive will visit the given address to deliver your SIM card. The person will ask you to get a singular Porting Code (UPC) by sending an SMS message with the text “Port” followed by your 10-digit mobile number to 1900 from your mobile. you’ll need to provide the code you receive to the Vi executive. the chief also will ask you to point out your address and identity proof to finish the porting process before delivering the new SIM. It will, however, take 48 hours for the new SIM to urge activated just in case “> just in case of intra-circle porting or up to four days in case of inner-circle porting. If you’re in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, or North-East topographic point, the method may take up to fifteen working days.
How to port your mobile number to Vi postpaid
The same MNP webpage that allows you to port your existing network to Vi prepaid is often accessed to modify to its postpaid connection. However, there are some variations that we are detailing below.
- Visit the Vi webpage and enter your mobile number and PIN code there.
- Scroll right down to choose between the available postpaid plans.
- Pick an appropriate plan and click on the Get Plan button available at the rock bottom of your preferable plan.
- Now, press the entire order button. this may refresh the webpage.
- The new page will ask you to supply your address and full name. this may be used for delivering the new SIM connection.
- Once done, click on the get OTP button.
- A pop-up window will now appear on the screen to allow you to enter the four-digit OTP that you’ve got received on your existing mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to initiate the delivery of your new SIM connection.
Just like with porting to a VI prepaid connection, you will be required to get a UPC that you simply got to provide to the Vi executive delivering you the SIM connection. you’ll also get to furnish your address and identity proof to the chief to finish porting from your end. The time it takes to urge your number ported to a postpaid connection is that the same as prepaid mentioned above.
In addition to the aforementioned ways, you’ll also visit a Vi-Store or an authorized retailer to urge porting done offline. you’ll find your nearest Vi-Store from the operator’s site. you will be required to carry your Id and address proof when visiting the shop and generate a UPC to port your number to a Vi connection.