Jio allows you to urge the delivery of your new SIM card through online and offline channels also using the MyJio app.
Reliance Jio has already emerged together of the most important telecom operators in India — with nationwide 4G VoLTE connectivity. The operator sells competitive prepaid and postpaid plans to draw in customers. It also offers benefits including Disney+ Hotstar VIP access and complimentary subscription to Jio apps. Additionally, Jio provides benefits like packs for in-flight connectivity and long-validity packs specifically for prepaid customers.
- Jio offers doorstep delivery of your new SIM card
- You need to get UPC to start with the porting process
- Jio executive are going to be ready to offer prepaid and postpaid connections
Jio allows you to port your mobile number to both its prepaid and postpaid services and thru online and offline channels. you would like to stay your original address and identity proof handy. The proof might be your driver’s license or the other legitimate address and identity document. Like other operators, Jio provides doorstep delivery of the new SIM card, though you furthermore may have the choice to go to a close-by Jio Store or Jio Retailer together with your mobile to urge porting done. you’ll also use the MyJio app on your phone to book the delivery of the new SIM.
In this article, you will get a step-by-step guide on the way to port your existing mobile number to Jio prepaid or postpaid service. The Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process takes up to 48 hours just in case of an intra-circle port. However, if you’re changing your telecom circle, it’s going to take up to four days. The porting process is predicted to require 15 days for Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, and customers in North Malay Archipelago.
How to port your mobile number to Jio online
Just like other operators, Jio allows you to get the delivery of your new SIM card online if you do not want to travel out and visit a store. It’s better to stay your address and identity proof handy before beginning with the web procedure. it’s also important to spotlight that online booking of a Jio SIM is currently limited to postpaid connections, though you’ll ask the chief visiting your home to offer you a prepaid SIM instead, after following the steps below. you will get the steps to port to Jio through the MyJio app and via an offline channel within the next section.
- Visit the Jio site and enter your full name and 10-digit mobile number.
- Now, hit the Generate OTP button. this may send a six-digit one-time password (OTP) to your mobile number within the sort of a text message.
- You need to enter the amount and validate the OTP by clicking on the Validate OTP button.
- The site will now take you to a screen where you will be asked to supply your address details. it’ll ask you to supply your locality, PIN code, flat/ house number, and landmark.
- You’ll now see a Confirm button that you simply got to click to submit your SIM delivery request.
A Jio executive will then call you to urge a meeting for the delivery of the new SIM. you would like to ask them for the MNP facility on the decision and generate a singular Porting Code (UPC) from your mobile by sending an SMS message. Type “Port” followed by your 10-digit mobile number and send it to 1900. The code you’ll get in response is merely valid for four days (30 days just in the case of Jammu and Kashmir). you will need to share that code alongside your address and ID proof with the chief visiting your home.
How to port your mobile number to Jio using MyJio app
If you do not want to use the Jio site and have the MyJio app already installed on your phone, you’ll book the delivery of the new SIM from the app also.
- Go to the MyJio app then tap Not a Jio user? an option that appears at the rock bottom of the screen. this may appear if you haven’t logged in with a Jio number or have logged out.
- You’ll now see a pop-up with an option Port-in to Jio. Tap that option.
- The app will now bring a form that will ask you to enter your full name and 10-digit mobile number.
- Once you’ve got entered the name and mobile number, tap the Generate OTP button.
- A form will now appear posing for your delivery location details, including your locality, pin code, and house number.
- Tap on the Confirm button after you’ve entered the situation details.
Now, you will get a call from a Jio executive posing for your address to deliver the new SIM. you would like to ask them for the MNP facility and specify whether you would like a Jio prepaid or postpaid connection.
How to port your mobile number to Jio offline
In case you do not want to proceed with the web steps or use the MyJio app, you’ll port your mobile number to Jio offline also.
- Generate UPC by sending an SMS message “Port” followed by your mobile number to 1900. you will get an SMS message from 1901 with the UPC and its expiry date.
- Now, visit your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer with the UPC and your address and identity proof.
You need to clear all of your pending dues together with your current operator if you’ve got a postpaid connection. just in case of shifting from a prepaid connection, you want to remember that your balance won’t be carried forward to Jio and can be forfeited once you port your number.