Instagram launched music stickers yesterday in India, users can use those stickers on their Instagram stories and Facebook Stories also. The company added this feature back in June this year but it was restricted to few countries.
“Facebook and music share something special — they both bring people together and enable personal expression. And that’s why music is important for us. With India’s strong music ecosystem, we’re thrilled to open up the ability for people in the country to include music in the moments they share on our platforms,”
– Manish Chopra, Director and Head of Partnerships, Facebook India, said in a statement.
How to enable Instagram Music feature in India
- Update your Instagram app to the latest version.
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Go to the stories section.
- Click on the ‘Music’ section between Type and Live option.
- You will see a list/library of songs from various genres. Scroll down or search your favourite music.
- Click on your favourite track, and it will start playing a 30-second section from the song.
- You can share it now or select a particular part from the song and share it in stories.
The Instagram Music feature is divided into three sections – popular, moods, and genres. The Moods section consists of eight different moods, namely, Fun, Upbeat, Dreamy, Romantic, Bold, Mellow, Inspirational and Suspenseful. The Genres section includes pop, hip hop, rock, and 6 more.
Both regional and international music are available to share on your Instagram/Facebook story. Facebook India partnered with top music labels such as T-Series Music, Zee Music Company, and Yash Raj Films, thus, licensing their music for use in social experiences on the platform and Instagram.
“We continue to see fast adoption of Stories across our family of apps. Today, with the launch of music stickers on Stories, we are excited about giving new ways for people to express and connect with their friends,” said Paresh Rajawat, Head of Video and Music Products, Facebook.