Yes, it’s possible to run Google Play Store on Windows 11, and here’s how.
On Windows 11, you may now set up the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) to run Android apps. The trouble is that officially, you may simplest set up apps to be had from the custom model of the Amazon Appstore, which presently handiest has around 50 apps.
How to install the Google Play Store on Windows 11
Before proceeding, it is really well worth noting that this technique handiest works with x86, 64-bit devices. There’s a separate hyperlink beneath for ARM-primarily based totally devices, however, it won’t paintings on 32-bit hardware.
You’ll additionally want to ensure virtualization is enabled first. Head to Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows functions on or off. Make positive the containers subsequent to ‘Virtual Machine Platform’ and ‘Windows Subsystem for Linux’ are each ticked, then click ‘OK’ to confirm.
If you’ve already set up the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA), you’ll additionally want to uninstall it. Open Settings > Apps > Apps & capabilities and look for it. If not anything appears, it’s now no longer set up.
- Head over to the Settings app in Windows 11. Click on the Apps tab from the left pane.
- Click on Apps & features. It should be the first tab in the Apps section.
- Scroll down to Windows Subsystem for Android in the apps list.
- Click on the three-dot menu, and click on Uninstall.
- Head over to the Privacy & security tab from the left pane.
- Click on the For developers tab under Security.
- Turn on Developer Mode.
- Click Yes when the prompt shows up.
Getting the changed Windows Subsystem for Android from Github
- Head over to Github and sign up for an account. Make sure you verify your email address and are signed in to Github.
- Head over to the LSPosed MagiskOnWSA web page on Github.
- Click at the Fork button in the top right corner. The method must take some seconds and open up the forked copy for your account. If you lose it, you could head over to Your repositories by clicking on your profile icon.
- Once in this page, click on the Actions tab. You’ll need to offer one-time permission for workflows to run. Click on the green button that announces I recognize my workflows, go in advance and permit them.
- In the left sidebar, click the Magisk workflow. Click on the Run workflow button.
- You get a pop-up. The Magisk APK link has to be automatically generated. For the Gapps variant, kind in pico, or your selected model name. Press the green Run workflow button.
- The task will take a while to process, showing an orange status marker. It will move from Queued to In progress. After it’s completed, which should take about five minutes, the marker will turn into a green tick.
- Click at the Magisk task label. Scroll right all the way down to the Artifacts tab. You’ll have the Arm as well as the x86 model of the modified WSA package equipped for you. Click on your selected model in step with CPU type, to start the download.
- The package deal will finish downloading in a bit. Note that this archive can have a smaller document size than the listed size, about approximately 800MB. Extract the downloaded document right into a folder.
- Open the folder. Find the file named Install, right-click on it and click on Run with PowerShell. Click on Open whilst the safety caution pops up. Also, click on Run if PowerShell asks for permission.
- The installation should finish pretty quickly. If PowerShell prompts you to agree to any terms and conditions, make sure to do so in the window. Once finished, search for the Windows Subsystem for Android in the Start menu and open it.
- Turn at the Developer mode in the Subsystem settings. Click on Manage developer settings to begin the subsystem, allow/deny diagnostic statistics whilst prompted, and click on Allow access whilst Windows Firewall requests it.
- It’ll take some moments, however Google Play Store ought to now be established to your Windows 11 system. Look it up on your Windows search, and click on it to open it. You will want to check in to see and download apps from the Play Store.
Using Google Play Store on Windows 11
The rest of the utilization will be much like the use of the Play Store on a smartphone or in an emulator. Just search for the app, and download it. Note that that is still a completely early-level method, so you’re probable to run into issues. For instance, on our take, a look at the machine, the textual content in a number of the apps seems wobbly.
However, there’s superb capability here. It will take some months for a solid version to hit Windows 11 systems, however, while it happens, it’ll outperform maximum emulators, if now no longer the local model, then the developer-modded versions that we’ll see for sure. Stay tuned for more!